Goblin, Dario Argento, Suspiria. Never as in this case any possible noun or adjective is superfluous, in an effort to describe with words what can be simply addressed to, in the end, with just a single essential term: MASTERPIECE. Even more than with the previous “Profondo Rosso” (1975), it is with “Suspiria” (1977) that the legendary bound between the Argento and Goblin reached its peak, to a level that has never been reached before to date.
Four decades have passed, a considerable age that “Suspiria”, however, does not show at all: the film, recently restored in 4K, is still a prodigy of cinematic technique and genius, and its soundtrack… only for that, an encyclopedia wouldn’t be enough to describe the richness of the sounds, the thickness, the majesty, the impressive sound impact that still today sends shivers down the listener’s spine!
Forty is also the perfect age for a due celebration, observed by Cinevox and AMS Records with the creation of an unmissable commemorative boxset, available in two versions, a standard and a limited hand-numbered one produced in only 150 copies.
Both versions contain:
– a faithful reproductions of the original soundtrack in LP format (with ‘gimmick’ insert, identical to the first 1977 edition) and MC;
– a 10-inch LP with rare and unpublished tracks on clear red vinyl;
– a CD + DVD set: the CD contains the original soundtrack with bonus tracks, while the DVD carries a documentary with interviews with Dario Argento and Goblin;
– two 64-page books, in Italian and English language, with detailed analysis of “Suspiria” film and soundtrack, written by Fabio Capuzzo, one of the leading experts in the ‘goblinian’ and cinematographic matter around.
In addition, the limited ‘peacock version’ contains:
– a foam interior exclusive design with a carved “Suspiria” logo;
– a certificate of authenticity;
– an exclusive handcrafted ‘peacock feather stiletto’, reproducing an object handled by the protagonist Susy in the final scenes of the movie!
In short: this box-set, which we would not hesitate to call ‘the definitive one’, is a tribute to a work of rare beauty and importance both in cinematic and musical terms. A must!
Click here to buy the regular version on www.btf.it.
Click here to buy the ‘peacock’ limited version on www.btf.it.